Create an additional layer of security by setting up 2FA every time you sign in to Locker.
What is OTP?
OTP (one-time password) is a common form of two-factor authentication (2FA). 2FA is a specific type of multi-factor authentication (MFA) that enhances access security by requiring two methods -beyond just the username and password - to verify your identity.
You can use Locker app on your mobile device as an authenticator app to log in to accounts you have enabled 2FA. More specifically, Locker can generate, store, and display unique six-digit security codes, which you will need to finish the login process on your online accounts.
Enable 2FA with Locker Authenticator
Locker Authenticator is only available with websites or services that offer two-step verification processes. To begin setting up 2FA with Locker:
- Open the websites or services you want to secure with two-step verification.
- Follow the steps to enable 2FA. This should eventually provide you with a QR code or setup key.
- Now you can choose to scan a QR code or enter a setup key to enable 2FA for that account.
- To scan a QR code, point your device’s camera at the QR code on the other device. You will be prompted to give Locker access to your device’s camera first. Tap OK to allow.
- Enter the setup key you see on the other device into the fields required by Locker. Tap Save.
- Once you have finished the process, the websites or services you have just set up 2FA will appear on the screen with a six-digit security code. You can see and copy that code in Locker on all platforms.
Import from Google Authenticator
If you are using Google Authenticator, it is possible to transfer all your 2FA login information to Locker without getting locked out of all your accounts along the way.
See how to import data from Google Authenticator here:
- Open your Google Authenticator app.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon > Export accounts.
- Tap Next. Verify your identity with biometrics when promoted. You will see a QR code on the screen.
- Open Locker on another device.
- Tap OTP, then select the Plus icon at the top-right.
- Tap Import from Google Authenticator.
- Point your device’s camera towards the QR code. Locker will automatically scan the barcode and import the 2FA login information from Google Authenticator to the system.